Saturday, March 28, 2015

THIS IS MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR

I knew I should have taken a picture of my daffodils this past week.  They were looking especially beautiful atop the rock wall of my two level garden Mark built for me. I was enjoying pictures of other friends' blooms on facebook messages and we are all so grateful for the warmer weather and the signs of Spring that are abounding. And, even though it got cold last night and the daffodils are bowing their blooms, I know there will be something of a recovery for them.  Yes, it is my favorite time of year.

Kentucky has made it to the Elite Eight.  We haven't had any real problems as of yet.  Hampton, check; Cincinnati, check; and even West Virginia, who knocked us out in 2010, check check. I love being excited about the upcoming game and being able to talk to people that usually don't even pay attention to sports, about the game.  I love watching the game and seeing the comments made on facebook from friends all over who support the BBN.  I love the feeling after we win a game and hearing from family and friends who call because they know what big fans we all are.  Yes, it is my favorite time of year.

I enjoy when God sends me a message through a silly little coincidence.  I got one today.  I usually perk up and try very hard to listen to what He is wanting me to do with the nudge He's just given me.  Well, I did send my son a voice mail because, he is always on my mind anyway, and I am also writing this blog....so here goes.  Today's Upperroom devotional reading was about Jesus arriving in Jerusalem," riding on a donkey,on a colt, the foal of a donkey". (Matthew 21:5, Zechariah 9:9)  Tomorrow is Palm Sunday!  Yes, it is my favorite time of the year!

The writer, from Massachusetts, wanted to share the feelings that she had sharing her testimony on Palm Sunday to her church congregation. She told them that their pastor had led her to Jesus and that the gift of salvation brings hope and healing.  Aren't these two things that we all need?  She continued, "that serving in God's kingdom brings purpose and peace". Those words stuck with me as I went on  with my day.  As I continued my morning ritual of feeding dogs, then finishing up dishes, etc. I watched and listened to some sports shows, after all, they talk about the undefeated Kentucky Wildcats a lot right now.  Then a phrase caught my ear coming from the TV.  It was that TV lawyer, Attorney John Morgan from Morgan and Morgan.  He simply stated that because he had defended only injured people during his career, he had awoke  every day with a purpose.  Because of the work he's done, he has peace. I thought Wow, I just read those words.  Do you get the significance of that coincidence ?  God just wants me to share the message that we all need a purpose and that fulfilling our purpose will give us peace. Serving God brings us both.  If we understand that we are here to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with others through loving and serving others, then we will receive the peace of our salvation, which includes eternal life with Him. I can personally attest to that, because I have both!

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday, followed by Holy Week, including Good Friday and Easter.  We live because He died for us!!!!  It is my favorite time of year!!!

Have a great day and stay safe.  luv, Susan

 

No comments: