Tuesday, March 8, 2016

STILL, THIS IS MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR

I am so very happy to report that the groundhog was right when he predicted an early Spring.  We have enjoyed beautiful warm days in the past month or two, but Winter has always reared it's ugly, snowcovered head.  The last snow day was a mere six days ago when it was really coming down here in Central Kentucky, while MJ and I were at our monthly Homemakers meeting.  Thankfully, the snow didn't stick around and now, it appears, we have at least a two week jump on official Spring.  After hanging towels and jeans outside to dry, I walked around toward the garden and was stunned to see daffodils ready to bloom and some hyacinth already blooming.  Thank you, God, for an early Spring.

Because I only posted eight blogs in 2015, you might make the assumption that watching my little grandson takes more time than I thought.  Well, yes, it does, but it has more to do with simply enjoying my time with him and trying to get caught up when I don't have him.  Unfortunately, his new daycare does not have a two day a week program available for him, so I have lost watching him on Mondays.  I thought since I'm down to watching him two days a week, I might be able to squeeze in a blog a week, maybe.  

I've mentioned previously that my Sunday School class has been working our way through Beth Moore's Daniel Bible study.  The study took us into some prophecy and we actually spent time visiting Revelation.  In addition, my Bible Study Fellowship this year has been studying Revelation.  Before these two studies, I had always avoided Revelation, wanting to learn more about the rest of the Bible before I had to learn about the final chapter.  It was actually a shock to me when I realized that the second part of the Daniel study was all about prophesy, thus going hand in hand with the final book as well. You might guess that I'm taking both of these studies very seriously.  

The rest of my life is going along quite nicely.  It is now early March, and Easter is just around the corner at the end of the month.  It's time for me to start getting all my tax stuff together, so I can start thinking about spending more time outdoors.  My dad turned ninety last month and we are all so blessed to have him still with us and in mostly overall good health, with the help of oxygen.  He and I even made it over to a couple of the regional tournament games to see Paris win, then lose.  And we have also been counting our blessings with my mom's health as she is cancer free after that terrible scare of cancer in her colon last year.  She's bounced back better than you'd expect any eighty eight year old woman to do.  MJ and I really enjoy going to Paris most Thursdays to visit them.  They also celebrated their wedding anniversary in January.  They've been married sixty nine years.  Again, we are so blessed.

Like I said, I've got tax stuff to gather and beautiful weather to enjoy, so I'm gonna wrap this up.  Hopefully, I'll get back to it before long.  In the meantime, you have a great day.  And, with the SEC Tourney starting this week......Go Cats!!     luv, Susan

No comments: